The 2022 RAICES and Leloir Prizes will likely be awarded on Thursday

On Thursday the sixteenth from 6 pm in Halls 1 and a pair of of the Cultural Middle for Sciences (C3), the 2022 RAICES and Leloir Awards Ceremony will happen. Each awards search to acknowledge and spotlight contributions made to the nationwide system. Science, know-how and innovation and strengthening worldwide cooperation. The occasion will be adopted from The YouTube channel of the Ministry of Science.

This eleventh version will likely be led by the Minister of Science, Know-how and Innovation, Daniel Filmos. who will likely be accompanied by the Nationwide Director for the Promotion of Science Coverage of the Ministry, Karina Pompeo; and Common Coordinator of the RAICES Program, Carolina Mera.

The RAÍCES Awards are supposed for Argentine scientists, researchers and technologists who reside overseas and actively collaborate with the promotion of the Nationwide System for Science, Know-how and Innovation (SNCTI); Whereas the LELOIR Awards are for overseas scientists, researchers and technologists who’ve labored to reinforce the scientific and technological capabilities of our nation. This yr’s winners will be discovered on the awards web site.

in regards to the choice course of
The 2022 Name began with an open course of by which the coordinators of networks of Argentine scientists overseas and the upper authorities of the establishments of the Nationwide Science, Know-how and Innovation System obtained an invite to use. 74 nominations have been obtained, 78% have been scientists and 22% have been ladies scientists.

30% of the nominations have been for the LELOIR Awards, i.e. foreigners residing in Argentina and overseas, with a notable historical past of collaboration in SNCTI. And the remaining 70%, which corresponds to scientists from our nation residing overseas, went to the candidates for the RAICES Prize.

27% of nominations have been raised by community coordinators (Canada, USA, Germany, Israel, Italy, Chile, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, UK); In the meantime, the opposite 73% have been submitted by the deans and deans of Argentine universities, CONICET and its Scientific and Technological Facilities (CCT), and different SNCTI establishments.

With regard to the international locations of residence by which the nominated students perform their work, they’re: Germany, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Spain, United States, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and South Africa.

Purposes have been evaluated by peer committees, divided by thematic areas, by which the range of illustration by self-discipline, gender and nation of residence was taken under consideration. Every panel issued a advantage order which was despatched to a basic jury made up of the Minister of Science, Know-how and Innovation, Daniel Vilmos; Member of the RWD Coordinators’ schedule, Ángeles Molin – Spain Community Coordinator -; and a member of the RAICES Council of Universities, Dario Kosinski, of the José C. Paz Nationwide College.

It ought to be famous that within the 2022 version there will likely be a particular point out of Águeda Menvielle, as presenter and promoter of the RAICES program since 2003. She is going to obtain a RAICES Award in recognition of her beneficial and intensive contribution to this system from its inception till 2016, in addition to a Leloir Award for Worldwide Cooperation for her efficiency as Director Nationwide for Worldwide Relations within the Ministry of Science between 1998 and 2016.